USPS Hold Mail is the service provided by United States Postal Service which allows everyone to hold their packages and letters for the selected address. On completing the step of USPS Hold Mail Request, USPS Holds all your packages, mail and letters for the destinated address. Well, certain steps and prerequisites are required to request for the United States Postal Service Hold Mail. Now, if you want to “How to hold USPS Mail?” then this is US Postal Service Hold Mail assistance post which will help you complete the step of Hold USPS Mail through various steps.
US Postal Service Hold Mail
- No extra fees or charges are applied for the service of US Postal Service Hold Mail request. It is offered free of cost.
- It is notable here that a single address can have only one Hold Mail Service scheduled at a time.
- United States Postal Service Hold Mail Request is not required to hold mail at PO Box. Packages and mail received in the PO Box will be allowed to accumulate for up to 30 days.
- To request USPS hold mail for greater than 30 days tome, one must register with USPS Forward Mail Service.
- A request for holding mail can be submitted by anyone from the address or their authorized Third-party agents. The third- party agents must be authorized by the customer to do so.
- Request your start date by 3 AM ET (2 AM CT or 12 AM PT) on your requested day, Monday to Saturday.
- Hold Mail services are available for a minimum of 3 days and a maximum of 30 days. If you need mail held longer than 30 days, please contact your local nearby USPS Post Office location.
- If you pick up your mail earlier than the fixed date on the Hold Mail request, the ‘Hold’ is automatically canceled and regular mail delivery will resume on the next Postal business day.
How to submit USPS Hold Mail request?
There are various ways through which a user can submit the hold mail request.
- Submit USPS Hold Mail request online at holdmail.usps.com/holdmail. or
- Visit the local Post Office and submit a request by completing Form PS Form 8076, Authorization to Hold Mail.
- Requests can be also made in person or by calling at 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777).
USPS Hold Mail Online
- Visit USPS Hold Mail Request Website at holdmail.usps.com/holdmail.
- Add your personal details, postal address, email, contact etc details and check if hold service is available.
- Click on an option available to “Check Availability”.
- Hold Mail services will be available if you have the rightful information.
- Select the from when to when you want to hold your mail.
- After that, select how you’d like to receive your mail after the hold mail end date and add delivery instructions and your request will be submitted.
Hold USPS Mail either way
- Visit nearby USPS Post Office location and complete Form PS Form 8076, Authorization to Hold Mail.
- Requests made in person or by calling: 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777) must be accepted by the closing of your local Post Office location or the call center for the request to be completed by the next delivery schedule.
USPS Hold Mail Customer Service
- Call USPS Hold Mail Help Phone Number at 1-800-344-7779 seven days a week, including holidays 7:00 a.m. ET to 11:00 p.m. ET.
- Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, address, and phone number in case our technical support personnel need to ask additional questions.